Invisalign has numerous benefits when compared with traditional orthodontic metal braces.
Invisalign aligners are almost inconspicuous so they do not affect your appearance. You can straighten your teeth without any interference in your social life and routine activities. Braces contain prominent metal wire and numerous brackets which show up when you speak or smile.
Oral hygiene is very easy to maintain with Invisalign as they can be removed during eating, brushing and flossing. Teeth and gums can be kept clear of plaque and debris in case of Invisalign. Whereas, braces lead to accumulation of plaque and bacteria around the brackets and cause inflammation of the gums often noticed in patients with braces.
Invisalign aligners are very comfortable to use because they are made of safe and bio-compatible plastic. Unlike braces, there are no metal bands, brackets and wire to irritate your soft tissues.
Invisalign does not pose any risk to the enamel because it is free of any etchers and bonding agents. Acid-etching technique is used in conventional braces to prepare tooth surface and make it rough which increases the bonding of the bracket to the enamel. As a result, some of the enamel can also come along with the brackets when they are removed exposing underlying dentin and making teeth stained and sensitive.
Decreased Root Resorption
Invisalign uses moderate forces to move the teeth and adjust them to their desired positions as compared to aggressive forces exerted by braces. These forces can lead to root resorption and eventual loss of the tooth. Gradual forces exerted by Invisalign aligners exhibit a much decreased rate of root resorption.
Virtual Treatment Plan
Invisalign latest technology system provides a clear, comprehensive and defined treatment plan for the entire procedure. Before and after images provided by the computer enable you to see how your smile will look like after the treatment.
- Invisalign: A course of invisible aligners that can be taken out as you like, to straighten your teeth without wires or brackets.
- Braces: Immovable braces use wires and metal brackets to maneuver your teeth into their correct alignment
- Invisalign: Gives a clear, structured and virtual treatment schedule from beginning to end
- Braces: Although your dentist constructs a specific treatment timeline, you will not know or see what your teeth will look like throughout and postliminary treatment.
- Invisalign: Practically invisible when worn.
- Braces: Most braces are clearly visible during the treatment period.
- Invisalign: Removable during treatment, soft plastic aligners do not irritate or hurt gums.
- Braces: Metal wires and brackets often cause irritation and nicks.